Ragland Productions existing site was old and out of date. We had discussed updating his site in the past and just weren’t able to make it happen, but this year it worked out.
Ragland Productions is a WordPress site. We started with a pre-built template and built it out from there, changing colors and several layout elements. We made updates to the slider, and added header images to all of the pages on the site based on the featured image for the page or falling back to a default image if the page didn’t have a featured image.
We wrote a custom plugin to manage the attractions. It added a custom post type with custom fields for attraction size, number of participants, and links to youtube videos, etc.. We also created a custom taxonomy to organize the attractions into. An interesting problem to tackle was adding a image to the custom taxonomy it was more difficult than I expected it to be but it all worked out in the end.